Saturday, March 7, 2009

i wish every month was as fast as february

I can hardly believe it's the end of the first week of March! It's been quite a week... we started on Monday with IST (In-Service Training). Went and watched how some stoves are built in a small community about two hours away from the Peace Corps office. Second and third days involved more technical training and sitting for long periods of time. We then had the two-day HIV/AIDS workshop with our counterparts. It was very informative and interactive, and we think our counterparts are ready to give information and prevention tips to our community in a better fashion than before. We'll see come the 1st of April.

I am now officially the new VAC (Volunteer Advocacy Commission) Department Representative for El Quiche. Sounds fancier than it is - I basically voice concerns brought up to me by people in my department and organize the welcome parties. The other volunteer bowed out so I stepped up to the plate for a bit. We'll see how it goes...

So Sarah went home and I am in Antigua. We've rarely travelled separately so it's a bit strange, but other volunteers do it every day and it's really nothing out of the ordinary. I hopefully get back Monday, and if not I am stuck in the cabacera another night.

no pics this time around, been using the camera less because the rechargable batteries crapped out and I'd prefer not to use disposables if I can avoid it (plus they cost a hell of a lot of money)

have a great month and I hope it's a lamb

No comments: